PDA

View Full Version : Cricket

boofredlay
2007-02-13, 02:50 PM
I am trying to figure out how to cut a cricket in a roof.

See attached image:

1 & 2 are on the outside of the building.

1 & 2 I have the slope defining on. 3-6 I have the slope defining off. I tried placing a slope arrow on 5&6 pointing inward with slope specified.

It will not allow me to finish the roof. What am I not doing?

Thanks for any help.

kpaxton
2007-02-13, 05:03 PM
Boofredlay,

Thanks for the pic! I think I'm understanding what you're desiring to do. May I make a suggestion? I think you're asking a single roof to do 'too much'. Allow your single roof to make the cutout as required, and create a second, separate roof that is the cricket. Adjust the height as required and then Join Geometry.

Kyle

Maximillian
2007-02-13, 06:16 PM
If you are not cutting a section through it then just draw a line on the roof plan to show the cricket. The builder will know what to do. Dont spend all day tring to figure something out that can be done fast unless you have the time and want to do it for learning reasons.

boofredlay
2007-02-13, 07:33 PM
If you are not cutting a section through it then just draw a line on the roof plan to show the cricket. The builder will know what to do. Dont spend all day tring to figure something out that can be done fast unless you have the time and want to do it for learning reasons.

Yes but then you have to make sure you draw it on the elevations and if anything changes you have to make sure you move it. I understand what you mean I just thought this would be a simple roof situation that I was not doing correctly.

Thanks guys.

whittendesigns
2007-02-13, 11:48 PM
I do exactly what Kyle said. Create your main roof, then create a small single cricket.

If you want to stay with what you got there, I would make sure that 1&2 are aligned properly and 5 & 6 are equal length.

3 & 4 shouldn't have slope on it if you are doing slope arrows.

Maximillian
2007-02-14, 03:14 AM
If you are going to see it in elevation then you have to drop in another roof and attach it. If not you could use a model line for the cricket and it would show in all plan views.

Scott Womack
2007-02-14, 09:47 PM
There is a Cricket object on Revit City that we use. Although a little klumky, it does work

boofredlay
2007-02-15, 02:47 AM
I do exactly what Kyle said. Create your main roof, then create a small single cricket.

If you want to stay with what you got there, I would make sure that 1&2 are aligned properly and 5 & 6 are equal length.

3 & 4 shouldn't have slope on it if you are doing slope arrows.

That is exactly what I started with. I have re-checked everything and it still does not work.
Thanks guys, I guess I will jsut make an extra roof for the crickets.

Oh, there was no rush on this so I have not wasted a bunch of time but thanks for the concern Max ;) Just trying to learn. I still think it should be an easy solution on one roof.