PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Double Doors

Dwane Lindsey
2006-05-05, 01:56 PM
Hello All,

Here are some double door blocks that I created based on the out-of-the-box dynamic door. I've included some extra line work for the head lines as well as an outer jamb line that can be stretched to match the wall width. I'm also playing around with the idea of adding a move parameter to move the door with-in the wall width. It's not in this rendition, but could easily be added if needed.

Any comments are appreciated!

Dwane

(*added by mod: This post has been split from its original thread in order to conform to new Sharing Forum guidelines*)

Chris.N
2006-05-05, 03:17 PM
Hello All,

Here are some double door blocks that I created based on the out-of-the-box dynamic door. I've included some extra line work for the head lines as well as an outer jamb line that can be stretched to match the wall width. I'm also playing around with the idea of adding a move parameter to move the door with-in the wall width. It's not in this rendition, but could easily be added if needed.

Any comments are appreciated!

DwaneHi Dwane, have you seen THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=55209) post?

Dwane Lindsey
2006-05-05, 11:26 PM
Hi Dwane, have you seen THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=55209) post?
No, I didn't....very nice blocks! I didn't look through all the pages, just not enough time :( (BTW...thanks for the link!) I like the use of the lookup, but I think I might go with a regular point/move combo or actually, a linear/move combo so the users can type in any distance the may need from the face of the wall. I think I need to play with it and see which one I like better. I'll post them back up once I make some changes.

Dwane

Chris.N
2006-05-08, 01:21 PM
No, I didn't....very nice blocks! I didn't look through all the pages, just not enough time :( (BTW...thanks for the link!) I like the use of the lookup, but I think I might go with a regular point/move combo or actually, a linear/move combo so the users can type in any distance the may need from the face of the wall. I think I need to play with it and see which one I like better. I'll post them back up once I make some changes.

DwaneThanks, and you're welcome! I'd like to see them when you get a chance to upload. Good Luck!

Dwane Lindsey
2006-06-09, 04:54 PM
Thanks, and you're welcome! I'd like to see them when you get a chance to upload. Good Luck!
Well, it's taken a while to get time to work on this, but here is an update to the double door. It has a linear/move combo to move the door frame and leaf at any distance from the wall line to the middle of the frame. I have the same thing working for a single door and a double-uneven leaf door.

whdjr
2006-06-12, 12:40 PM
Dwane,

Your block looks good. It uses a lot of complex features mixed together. I did notice one issue when you move the door and frame assembly within the threshold (2 purple lines) and then flip the door it goes crazy. The rest looks great though.

Good block :),

Dwane Lindsey
2006-06-12, 03:11 PM
Thanks :) And thank you for your comment. I'll have to look into it and see what's going on....I'll repost once it's been updated.