PDA

View Full Version : wall types not purging

Michelle Gibson
2007-02-14, 04:26 PM
I cannot seem to get rid of some old exterior wall types that were originally in my drawing but no longer needed. I have even drawn fake walls of each of the types and then used the "select all instances" and deleted, to no avail.

How do I find these sneaky walls that are hiding somewhere in my drawing? I have even gone to each of my wall legends to see if they are there, and no such luck?

thanks!

aaronrumple
2007-02-14, 04:29 PM
I'm guessing they are used in a stacked wall definition. That would keep them from purging....

Michelle Gibson
2007-02-14, 06:35 PM
thanks Aaron, you are correct. The bigger question I have is that I have not drawn any of these stacked wall in my project, so why are they in the list in the first place - see comments below as I think that was the booboo.

The only thing I did was to bring up an old job and use the "save as" command to create a new project, thus bringing along all existing wall types etc... Perhaps this is not such a good thing to do?

Since the start of this current project, we have actually created a complete wall type template that we bring in to our projects, and we no longer use stack walls.

aaronrumple
2007-02-14, 06:49 PM
You cannot delete the last item of stacked walls. Revit needs one - kinda like layer 0 in AutoCAD. You just need to be sure that wall is using walls you don't want to purge - then the other wall will purge just fine.

Steve Hutana
2007-11-27, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your help.

Was trying to purge unwanted wall types from our new office template. Now I know they are part of the stacked wall, cheers

rparr
2008-08-15, 04:40 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but the wall types I can't purge are not part of stacked walls. When I attempt to "select all instances" from the Project browser, the command is greyed out. Then when I try to delete the wall type, I get an error saying that X number of instances will be deleted and that I should use the "select all instances" command to change them to a different type.

I've tried to find these mysterious instances by setting up a 3D view showing only walls and going through the wall types list to "select all instances" & hide the elements of every other wall type (which should theoretically leave only the instances from the wall types I cannot delete), but I'm left with a blank screen.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Where could they be hiding if they're not part of stacked walls?

cdatechguy
2008-08-15, 05:40 PM
A way to get rid of the walls you don't use that are in the stacked walls is to change the walls within the stacked wall to ones you are using :)

twiceroadsfool
2008-08-15, 07:05 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but the wall types I can't purge are not part of stacked walls. When I attempt to "select all instances" from the Project browser, the command is greyed out. Then when I try to delete the wall type, I get an error saying that X number of instances will be deleted and that I should use the "select all instances" command to change them to a different type.

I've tried to find these mysterious instances by setting up a 3D view showing only walls and going through the wall types list to "select all instances" & hide the elements of every other wall type (which should theoretically leave only the instances from the wall types I cannot delete), but I'm left with a blank screen.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Where could they be hiding if they're not part of stacked walls?

In a Model Group... Thats what i have seen here anyway. Ive also seen 2009 go bat*^%$ crazy and try to delete an entire workset, if i tried to Purge Unused, and it found a family or wall type that wasnt in use natively, but that was "in" a Model group. It tried deleting the definition, which caused all kinds of problems...