PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling System Design Option

Doug
2007-02-14, 07:38 PM
I have a remodel project with an Existing Ceiling (Part is demoed, part remains) A new ceiling system, & the replaced ceiling system. All is well with the this model.

Problem - Owner wants an option... Solution DESIGN OPTION. My problem is how to implement it. How do I transfer the sprinkler system (that is existing which was field measured and place accurately) from the "Approved Design" to the New "option" being that the sprinklers system is ceiling based. I was that and the mechanical systems to show in the new ceiling system.

Make since?

dhurtubise
2007-02-14, 07:41 PM
if you need a copy of it, simply cut& paste to same place in the new option

Doug
2007-02-14, 07:51 PM
This is the 1st time I have used Design Options. How do I get the orginal ceiling layout into Design Option 1?

dhurtubise
2007-02-14, 07:55 PM
Before starting that go to Help - Tutorials - Using Advanced Feature - Creating Multiple Design Options

That will get you started on the right track

Doug
2007-02-14, 08:01 PM
Did that I understand that design options can be added - if they are not part of the orginal model???
(is that correct?) I did not anticipate the owner wanting a different ceiling system. Can I copy the existing system to an Design Option with out loosing any of the mechanical & sprinkler systems?

Thanks

dhurtubise
2007-02-14, 08:28 PM
That's exactly it.

irwin
2007-03-09, 08:42 PM
Did that I understand that design options can be added - if they are not part of the orginal model???
(is that correct?) I did not anticipate the owner wanting a different ceiling system. Can I copy the existing system to an Design Option with out loosing any of the mechanical & sprinkler systems?

Thanks
Yes. If the stuff you want to add is in main model, then first create the options. Then select everything you want to put in the option including the ceiling if there are ceiling based components, then use the Add To Option Set command.

If the stuff you want to add is already in an option, then create the new option by duplicating that option. Or, you can copy elements and paste aligned | same place.