PDA

View Full Version : Crash and burn...Transfer Project Standards

The Sweg
2007-02-15, 02:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this:
I can normally use the "Transfer Project Standards" to copy Object Styles and Materials from my template (.rte) into my .rfa that I'm working on. However, if I try to use "Transfer Project Standards" to copy stuff from one .rfa into another, Revit crashes every time.

Anyone else come across this? Is it just me? :(

sbrown
2007-02-15, 06:13 PM
Are you transfering everything? It could be that your page file is filling up, check your task manager. if revit uses 2g of mem, it crashes unless you have the 3gb switch turned on.

The Sweg
2007-02-15, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scott.

No, I'm only transferring "Object Styles" and "Materials". The reason I want to transfer from the .rfa is because I have less materials and styles in there and it takes less time to clean it up. There are way more object styles and materials in my template, which I can successfully transfer from.
Weird, eh?

lhanyok
2007-10-02, 06:54 PM
I am having a similar problem and wonder if this is anything you got resolved.

I am trying to transfer only view templates from a current project into our project template. Transferring materials, object styles, and lineweights worked fine, but view templates crash Revit.

The Sweg
2007-10-02, 07:06 PM
I haven't gotten it resolved, however, not long ago, I had the same issue with transferring view templates, too.

Dr._House
2013-02-28, 08:31 PM
I am writing because I am having this problem in Revit MEP 2013...