PDA

View Full Version : Strange vanishing mullions

roy.70844
2007-02-15, 03:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody experienced the following... A window inserted on a non-orthogonal wall displays mullions (or muntins if you prefer) at one zoom factor but if you zoom in a bit they vanish! The mullions are created as solids and visibility is set for 3D and front,back : coarse, med and fine detail.

Have a look at the attached images :- the only difference is one is zoomed in closer than the other!

Roy

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-15, 04:18 PM
i have experienced this with other element such as lines, or walls. when you zoom in or out sometimes they vanish.

I would ask does it appear correctly when you print? If so it is not a big deal and probably is a graphic card issue. a bit of an annoyance, but maybe something to live with.

Justin

dhurtubise
2007-02-15, 04:30 PM
As jmarchiel noted, did you print the view that is not working ? It is usually a video graphic display issue. Try updating the drivers and lowering the hardware acceleration.

ejc
2007-02-16, 05:05 AM
Verify you didn't create/replace mullions in another phase.

ejc

dhurtubise
2007-02-16, 12:56 PM
Verify you didn't create/replace mullions in another phase.

ejc

I doubt it would be a phasing since since zooming in and out fixes the problem.

gwnelson
2007-02-16, 03:05 PM
Same problem here. Both dbl casements are the same type and in the source model display perfectly. I had the mouse pointer hover over the right half of the right casement to show that the muntins are there. Seems that when I added the csmt into the wall it chose to place the muntins on the right panel behind the glass. The window unit is one that I got from the "Symbol Machine" library. It is Andersen CXW25 - not one of the basic types included in the basic Revit library.
As I'm writing this it occurs to me that if the modeler mirrored the entire window & components the muntins on the right side might have some front/back issues, although again, the original model displays fine. I'm going to try to copy from one pane to the other instead of mirroring. Also, since I don't really care what this looks like inside I could make the extrusion really deep.
Just funny some of the little issues that pop up form time to time.
Still - and above all - better that working with that colorful sticks-for-lines program.
I got your layers right here...