PDA

View Full Version : void cuts

..shaner
2007-02-16, 04:13 PM
i really need to be able to draw sketch lines and be able to snap those sketch lines to void cuts, i cant do this, does anyone know what i should do, i cannot use openings in these situations

twiceroadsfool
2007-02-16, 04:37 PM
Put reference planes/lines in where the void cuts are going to be? I too find this frustrating, as i make complex reveal shapes out of wall hosted families with void sweeps... And i cant dim them...

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-02-16, 04:53 PM
Never noticed this limitation before. Ref planes don't work and neither does creating a void family and adding symbolic lines to it so there is something 'real' to snap to.

The only workaround I could come up with is to duplicate the void object and change it to a solid. (Or create it as a solid first) You can then pick the edges of the solid to create your sketch lines. Once done you can change the solid to a void, cut your geometry and the lines are aligned.
A couple of restrictions... you can't seem to lock/align the lines so they change if the void changes and you won't be able to pick a spline defined edge.

..shaner
2007-02-19, 12:34 PM
the restriction is mostly noticed when the linked file is used in the Revit Structure.