PDA

View Full Version : Leader Options and Graphics

brd
2007-02-16, 04:38 PM
Does Revit give you any control over the graphics of leaders, and how different is it when you apply leaders to different tags or text and such? I've noticed that I can use a curved leader with text, but not with generic annotations or tags? Also, is it possible to add more than one elbow on a leader? It would also be nice if you could control the angle of that elbow, instead of just eyballing it (perhaps it could snap it 15 degree increments). What about lineweight, our principles have complained about the leaders being too dark from day one. Also, is it possible to set the exact offset for where the leader begins from the edge of your text (such as a 1/8" of an inch gap between the text to the start of the leader line)? It seems to me that the only thing Revit doesn't give you control over is the leader lines, surely there's a way to control this.

jcoe
2007-02-16, 07:16 PM
Also, is it possible to add more than one elbow on a leader? It would also be nice if you could control the angle of that elbow, instead of just eyballing it (perhaps it could snap it 15 degree increments).
You cannot add more than one elbow to a leader (I'm not sure why you might need more than one elbow.) You can add multiple leaders to one text / tag / symbol component. You just need to remember that they will be removed in the reverse order that you placed them. I too would like the ability to control the angle snap of my leader lines.

What about lineweight, our principles have complained about the leaders being too dark from day one.
You can control the lineweigt of the leader for text but not tags.

Also, is it possible to set the exact offset for where the leader begins from the edge of your text (such as a 1/8" of an inch gap between the text to the start of the leader line)?
Sorry, no again.

brd
2007-02-16, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=jcoe]You cannot add more than one elbow to a leader (I'm not sure why you might need more than one elbow.) QUOTE]

It's our interiors staff that needs that. We have finish tags that we use on our finish plans that need leaders to follow the perimeter of a room, sometimes they need to follow a curved wall. We've had to come it with a cumbersome work-around of drafting lines and symbols and leaders. It's a pain to update when the plan changes, multiple elbows would be WAY more convenient.

Also, it bugs me that text has more leader options than tags and annotations. I'm sure there's a Revit wishlist out there somewhere, maybe we can get more editing options for leaders and leader lines on that wish list.

narlee
2007-02-17, 05:55 PM
You cannot add more than one elbow to a leader (I'm not sure why you might need more than one elbow.)

I could sometimes use more than one elbow, but even more, I would like the leader shoulders to be adjustable. I FREQUENTLY insert text WITHOUT a leader, then add just a leader, so I can put it closer to the text of in a different spot at the text (I have a text type that uses 1/256" text size, so when I place it, one see only the leader and not the tiny 1/256" dot that I use to establish the leader).

kmcvehil
2008-12-10, 05:31 PM
It is great to know that you can add multiple leaders to a tag, but your post didn't mention how. Could someone elaborate as to how?

Thanks

fernandez
2009-01-07, 11:34 PM
In the "Options Bar", just keep clicking "Add A Leader" and more will pop up.

harkeychad
2009-01-28, 09:26 PM
Where can you control the lineweight of a leader?

jcoe
2009-01-28, 10:04 PM
When defining your text types, you can assign a Line Weight value. As I understand it, this applies to the leader - but I might be mistaken.

harkeychad
2009-01-29, 03:35 PM
I seen that there, but somehow thought that pertained to the text. I will give it a go. Thanks

yanyan77
2009-06-04, 08:03 PM
How can u add more leaders in a wall tag?

jcoe
2009-06-04, 09:13 PM
Tags that reference objects can only have one leader at a time. So door, wall, window...tags can only reference a single instance of that component because the tag relies on information in the host object.

In my zeal to write, I think I misspoke in my first post when I listed tags as being able to have multiple leaders. Sorry.