PDA

View Full Version : ceiling plan walls above doors

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-16, 09:09 PM
i would like to know what people are showing for ceiling plans.

do you show the locations of the doors, or do you diregard the locations in ceiling plans.

What we typically do is show the walls with a dark fill and lower the cut plane to 6.5' to allow cutting thru doors. so the end result doesn't fill door locations, and makes it easy to locate or relate ceiling features to doors, or windows.

the reason that i ask is that at this level to cutting the doors and windows show up and i have to turn off, and use filters to removed them from the view (becuase i only want to see the opening, not the door or window itself). Sometimes this can be a pain as with filters if the right paramets are not set from the begining, or a user forgets, or etc.

I thought about simplying it to just show completely filled walls (with no regards to window or doors), but find myself wanting to go back to the old way. I was just looking for what eveyone else does.

Thanks

Justin

SCShell
2007-02-17, 03:34 PM
Hey there,

Most of time, I leave my ceiling plan cut level above doors so they don't show up at all and the ceiling plan is pretty clean. Then, I add an underlay of the Floor Plan so that I can get my doors and furniture/cabinetry to show, but shaded 50% so as to not clutter the ceiling plan.

Most of time, this works really well for me. Electrical Engineers and Contractors like seeing the door swings so that they place light switches accurately, without having to constantly flip to the Plan view. I like seeing cabinetry and furniture when I am placing light fixtures and the like.

I guess it just comes down to what you want to see and how you want to see it.

Good luck
Steve