PDA

View Full Version : Topo in section

Maximillian
2007-02-18, 02:49 AM
Is there a way to get a cleaner look to the topo in section by setting the existing topo to not have an earth fill pattern?

I have new and existing(demo'd) topos

My goal is to just have clean lines showing new and existing LINES like you would in autocad

christo4robin
2007-02-18, 06:01 AM
I don't think it is possible to show a poche for one topo object and not another. If you go to Settings menu>Site settings and then change the Section cut material to No material, then you just get lines. If you need to show the hatch, then go old fashioned and do it with a fill pattern.

dhurtubise
2007-02-18, 02:28 PM
You can use a filled region on top of it to cover it

Maximillian
2007-02-18, 09:13 PM
Is there a way to only turn off the earth cut pattern for the existing topo?

christo4robin
2007-02-19, 01:24 AM
Is there a way to only turn off the earth cut pattern for the existing topo?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

dhurtubise
2007-02-19, 02:08 AM
No it is not

comhasse
2007-02-19, 03:39 PM
My workaround for these types of problems is this: have each topo in a different linked file (one can be in the host file), and set different site settings in the linked files. The topos will be displayed in the host file according to their original settings. This is tedious, but i like it better than fiddling with filled regions.

It works well for earth overfills too by combining a pad in the main topo and a fill topo whose base level is set to the top of the slab below. Copying the original topo and trimming it for the overfill will allow for a smooth overall look. I hope this makes sense, otherwise i can post an example.

christo4robin
2007-02-19, 04:13 PM
Ooooohhhh. Juicy tip. Maybe one for tips and tricks???

comhasse
2007-02-19, 04:45 PM
Ooooohhhh. Juicy tip. Maybe one for tips and tricks???

Glad you like it. I meant to add it to Tips, i'm gonna do that right now.

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-19, 05:41 PM
what i like to do is temporarily show the existing toposurface and (i know this is unrevit like) but add drrafted lines over the existing surface. i then turn off the existing surface and i get similar results as the linking. the only issue is that if the section moves, the drafted line could be wrong, but i usually only do this after the sections are established.

Justin