PDA

View Full Version : Import a view from another Project? A family

Kiteman48
2007-02-19, 08:58 PM
I have some complicated railing bracket families that are best viewed for detailing without anything around them. I put them in a 'dummy' project and generated nice detail elevations, sections, plans, and 3d views.
I can make a sheet in that project and put the numbers to work with my real project.
Is there a way to import these views with out doing this work around. I know that it is possible with Acad details but what about Revit details?

Thanks for any help.
George

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-19, 09:02 PM
file->save to library-> save view.

It will bring any model components with it, so beware.

Justin

Kiteman48
2007-02-19, 11:28 PM
Then how do I bring it into the other project?

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-19, 11:53 PM
file->insert from file->views

Justin

Kiteman48
2007-02-20, 11:16 PM
I get an error message saying that you can only import drafting views from one project to another.

This is what it says.

The Revit project that you have selected does not contain any views which may be inserted into another project. Only drafting views and drafting sheets which do not contain model views may be transferred between existing projects.

twiceroadsfool
2007-02-20, 11:39 PM
Just a thought, and i haven't tried this at all... You can save it out to a separate RVT file (and it brings the modeled elements with it...), so at that point, can you file link that file/view in to your actual model?

Probably more of a hassle than its worth, but im just curious.

Ive been able to save sections and stuff to separate files, and they take the modeled elements that are in the Far Clip range, etc... But i havent been able to DO anything with them...

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-20, 11:39 PM
sorry i must have miss read your post. i thought that you created drafted views of the bracket. only view specific elements can be saved.

My mistake. you could export to acad then reimport. then the save views would work.

Sorry.

Justin