westcad
2007-02-20, 05:36 AM
Modelled in ADT2007, rendered in Maxwell

stelthorst
2007-02-20, 06:45 AM
Nice Job!! :)

david_peterson
2007-02-20, 02:56 PM
Now there's a sweet building. You ended up with a darn close photo realitic look.

Steve_Bennett
2007-02-20, 08:38 PM
Very nice! That is as close to a real pic as you can get in a rendered image. Drop the tree on the left hand edge and you'll fool many a person.

david_peterson
2007-02-20, 08:58 PM
If I may be a little critical, the only thing I think I slightly dislike here is how the stone wall turned out. To me that was the dead giveaway. Take that away, hang the pic on the wall and see how long it takes for someone to ask where that bulidng is. I love the bus stop! Very nice detail feature.

.chad
2007-02-20, 09:33 PM
nice work =) the building itself looks great, and your lighting is fantastic - but there are a few small things that make it pretty recognizable as a CG image right away (at least to me).

If I may be a little critical, the only thing I think I slightly dislike here is how the stone wall turned out. To me that was the dead giveaway. Take that away, hang the pic on the wall and see how long it takes for someone to ask where that bulidng is. I love the bus stop! Very nice detail feature.a bump map and some dirt mapping would take care of the wall. right now it does look a little flat. what really stands out to me are the windows. they look really flat - the ones on the right side are really what get me. even if they were spandrel panels, there would be some reflection of the surroundings.

overall, its a really nice render 8)

westcad
2007-02-22, 06:36 PM
Thank you for cc's. The client needed to clean up existing building facade. Original photo attached. The bluestone fence was difficult to duplicate.

Chuckyd67
2007-02-23, 12:45 PM
Yes, I am wondering if you could have kept the bluestone in the photo. However, the stone is not nearly as disturbing as the different vanishing points of the two buildings in the sketch.

H-Angus
2007-02-26, 04:18 PM
I don't want to sound over critical, its a hundred times better than what I could produce, but one thing which tends to look a bit odd in alot of renders is repetive objects or materials such as the vegetation with pink flowers in your render.

I think its a great job though. :)

stcooke
2007-05-22, 08:11 AM
Nice Job!! :)
Hi nice work, redo scaling of your materials which would make for a much nicer rendered finish Steven Uk