PDA

View Full Version : pad schedule

o_dragos
2007-02-20, 09:32 AM
I have multiple pads and I can't create a pad schedule for include volume of pad. In properties object I see in Dimensions the value for volume.
If I create a topography schedule that include only the pad surface (cut or fill) and not only pad.

Thanks.

christo4robin
2007-02-20, 03:41 PM
Personally, I only use thin pad objects (1/8") to control the topography, then I add floor objects with the correct layers (gravel, concrete, etc.). This allows the topography to be accurate, and I can calculate material volumes in a floor schedule.

The only way I can see accomplishing volume calculations for the pads would be to 1) name the topo surface associated with the pad 2) create a topography schedule 3) add a parameter called Thickness 4) add a calculated value called Volume 5) OK out of the boxes and then manually enter the thickness of the pad.

o_dragos
2007-02-20, 04:44 PM
Thanks.
It's interesting method.

o_dragos
2007-02-21, 06:32 PM
And perimeter formula for pad?
Please, help me.

Thanks.

christo4robin
2007-02-21, 06:46 PM
No easy way. The more questions you ask, the more it sounds like pads to control topo and floor objects to schedule would be the way to go.

If, however, all of your pads are rectangular, you could stick with the topo schedule and add more calculated values using Scott Davis' thoughts in this thread... http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=51960&highlight=perimeter.