PDA

View Full Version : Revit questions

jan.134012
2007-02-20, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I have some questions on Revit that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. Annotation - Does annotation need to be put into each view individually?
2. Annotation - There is annotation showing outside our clipping plane. Is there a reason/fix for this?
3. Why do walls not show up in Structural Discipline Views? What are the differences in disciplines specific views?
4. Worksets - Borrowing Elements in worksets – Can we disable this feature?
5. Annotation - Can we Update Room Tags in all views?
6. Annotation - Can we override the scale up & down of annotation in views?
7. Detailing - Creating detailing? Best Practices etc?
8. Library Search path locations set to users C: drive, should we centralise this?
9. User created content, save to library now or at project end?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

Elmo
2007-02-20, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I have some questions on Revit that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

2. Annotation - There is annotation showing outside our clipping plane. Is there a reason/fix for this?
3. Why do walls not show up in Structural Discipline Views? What are the differences in disciplines specific views?
8. Library Search path locations set to users C: drive, should we centralise this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan1. It is view specific but you can copy annotations from one view to another.
2. You need to find your crop region and make it larger.
3.Your walls are set to architectural discipline. You would need to change your walls from architectural to structural.
4.Not sure haven't played with 9.1's worksets at all.
5. If you update 1 room tag and reload it into your project it should update across the whole project. In other words just edit the room tag that you want to change.
6.Not sure since I use the defaults.
7.When detailing rather keep things simple and go 2D this way your project wont get too heavy.
8.Not if you don't want to. You can and it is easily done.
9. Save now and then load into your project. It makes the getting the family next a lot easier instead of trying to extract it from that project you did 2 months ago.

I'm sure other's can answer the one's I couldn't.

The Sweg
2007-02-20, 12:04 PM
Hi, Jan!

Welcome to AUGI. Let me take a stab at #3. If a wall isn't showing up in a view that is 'Structural' , then that wall is not bearing. Click on a wall in a view where you can see it, go to "Properties" and under "Structural Usage", choose "Bearing", your wall will now show up in that view. To draw walls that are automatically bearing, go to the Structural tab on the design bar and select "Structural Wall", this will ensure that whichever wall you draw will automatically be bearing, even all the sub-component walls in a stacked wall, should you choose to use one.

Hope this helps--
-Derek

dhurtubise
2007-02-20, 02:33 PM
Jan

1. Already answered
2. Select the annotation and right-click. pick hide annotation in view. Annotation outside of cropping region is a normal behavior in 9.1
3. Already answered
4. No, and why would you want to do that ?
5. Since tags report element (or type) properties, if you update the room properties, tag will update to. if the same room is present in multiple view, then all tags will update.
6. Not sure about what you mean by scale up or down but if you mean the size of the annotation then you need to create another family with different sizes.
7. Search AUGI there's a lot of thread about that
8. Definitely. The only one you wanna keep local is the material library.
9. Save to a project library, then review content, standardize and add to library