PDA

View Full Version : Where's my crop region?!

dbaldacchino
2007-02-20, 07:40 PM
This is probably such a simple answer that after I find out what it is, I'll have to go hibernate for a few months and not be seen outside!

I'm applying a view template to some elevation views and all of a sudden, the crop region boxes disappear. The weird thing is that in the view properties, both "Crop Region" and "Crop Region Visible" boxes are checked! I tried turning on every model and annotation category but the crop region boxe won't display, so I cannot adjust it. Has anyone ever encountered this?

EDIT: And Yes, the elevations have crop regions enabled too (far clip offset is active). I can adjust the extents in plan but I need to adjust the extents in elevation and I can only do that in the elevation view, which is where the crop region is disappearing even though the properties show it's enabled and visible.

rhys
2007-02-20, 07:55 PM
Only had this problem when there was a scope box.

Paul Andersen
2007-02-20, 08:29 PM
Hey David, I ran into something similar on a project I was helping with last month. Turns out the crop region extents were massive and a simple zoom to fit did not show it. Zooming way out with the scroll wheel on the mouse allowed me to see it so I could resize it. I was not able to reproduce this so I never bothered sending it off to support. Probably not the same issue but something else to try. Good Luck!

dbaldacchino
2007-02-20, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys, but it's not the same issue from what I can tell. The crop region is there and enabled, it's just the wireframe resizeable window that's gone. So, naturally, I cannot make modifictions. The only way I was able to work around this is to apply another view with the crop region visible as a view template and that didn't work in all the cases either. It's almost as if the crop region was on some subcategory that was turned off, but there is no such thing.

Kiteman48
2007-02-20, 10:55 PM
Try turning on the section box. Is it off? Turning off the viewport turns off both the section box and the viewport. I had another problem where and imported bitmap had a huge viewport that made it print in any view that the viewport crosed.

I also find that you can not control these things on a drawing sheet. you need to go to the actual view.
Let us know if any of this works.

patricks
2007-02-20, 10:57 PM
If I spent too much time on it, I would probably just create a new view and copy/paste any detail items and text over to the new view. That is unless it's happening on lots of views, then you might need to send it to support (which sucks when you're nearing a deadline).

dbaldacchino
2007-02-20, 11:23 PM
These are elevation views, there are no section boxes. I thought I missed something, but it seems that perhaps something's wrong inside the file. This has never happened so before I blamed it on a bug, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It seems that it has something to do with the view templates, but I'll have to dig deeper to find if that's true. I'll run some test when I get a chance and post back. Thanks all!

dhurtubise
2007-02-21, 12:17 AM
Could it be attach to a scope box ?
Send it to support and let us know

dbaldacchino
2007-02-21, 12:40 AM
Nope, no scope box involved in this case. Even when you assign a view to a scope box, the crop region handles show and you can stretch them, but they go back to their original location. You'd have to edit the scope box for the crop region to change in such a case.

Kiteman48
2007-02-21, 02:05 AM
Try orienting a 3d view to this view. I do it with plans and sections all of the time. That is where you would then see the section box. It is in the 3d view but it is part of the plan or section. It would not take long to give it a try.

dbaldacchino
2007-02-21, 05:29 AM
I found what is causing this. Here's how to reproduce:

Place an elevation tag in a plan view and set the parameter "Hide at scales coarser than" to a scale that is finer than the View Scale parameter. For example set the View Scale to 1/8"=1'-0" and Hide at Scales Coarser than to 1/4"=1'-0". Notice how in the elevation view, the crop region disappears, even though it's enabled and cropping the view successfully. Because of this, one cannot edit the crop region in elevation.

I filed an SR on this.