PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-02-21, 03:59 PM
I was wondering if there is any way to have a filled region or detail component to show up 'behind' an actual modeled object? I know you can move detail components forward or backward but not 3D objects. I am trying to use a filled region to cover part of one wall but not others.

Thanks,

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-21, 04:24 PM
since filled regions are essentially detail components, and detail components cover model components there is no direct way to get what you wish. What is you filled region? If it is not solid you can set the filled region to transparent and the model will show thru the back ground (not available with solid fills).

Could you post a screen shot of what you are trying to accomplish?

Justin

narlee
2007-02-21, 04:26 PM
Yoda speaks Truth...

Alternatively, you will need to make more than one filled-region to work them around the objects.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-02-21, 07:01 PM
Here is what I am trying to accomplish. The gypsum fill needs to be behind the 2x2 ceiling that I have highlighted in the picture. I dont think its possible from the responses I've gotten.

Thanks

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-21, 07:09 PM
it looks like you have more of a modeling issue then a filled region issue. I would probably make the ceiling type that is gwb and a ceiling type that is t-bar and set them to the appropriate heights. Then there is no issues with overlapping because you have actually modelled it. just my opinion.

you can also create internal lines in a filled region that eccentially act like a hole. so you could make a box around the t-bar and the filled region wont go into this area.

Justin

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-02-21, 08:38 PM
There is a little bit of a modeling issue. I modeled both of the different ceilings but one ceiling was getting partially covered by another element that was showing up (I have yet to fully master RCP views in Revit). I just made a filled region around the areas that I didn't want to cover. I figured away around it. I would still like to see away to move filled regions behind modeled elements.

I have to say, though, that the new masking option that seems to be coming in the latest version of Revit might solve some issues like this.

Thanks for taking the time

aaronrumple
2007-02-22, 01:57 AM
This is a gyp. bd. ceiling with a grid suspended below it? If so - then you need to model the grid differently as Revit doesn't do ceilings as a open lattice.

I'd suggest that the most straightforward approach would be to use a curtain wall with no panels for the grid. You'll need to do it based on a mass face to get it to lie down.

Or you could make a generic family for the open grid work.

Or you could simply use model lines to draft the grid on top of the gyp bd. ceiling.

Now if it a grid system with gyp. bd.. panels - then I'd show that simply as a hatch pattern. Just take a 2x2 grid pattern and a sand pattern of the right scale and merge them in notepad to make the new hatch pattern....

Steve Jager
2007-02-22, 03:49 PM
Just wait until version 10 or 2008 or whatever. color fills are greatly improved.

PaperStreet SoapCO
2007-02-22, 04:04 PM
Yeah, that along with masked regions - are we to expect it around mid April like last year?