PDA

View Full Version : Can't see model in plan view

Steve Jager
2007-02-21, 06:58 PM
Someone was clicking around his floor plan and now he cannot see it. He drew a line and when I turned on the section box it showed up. The line is over a million feet in length. I can see his section box but his model is so tiny in one corner we can't see it even though its there.

Any thoughts to get this back to scale or something?

sbrown
2007-02-21, 06:59 PM
delete the line, then zoom to fit.

Steve Jager
2007-02-21, 08:54 PM
Line not the problem. When ZF invoked the line disappears.

Found the issue: He inadverntat clicking away sent one of his room tags somewhere near the north pole. Once deleted everything was good.

There needs to be a way to solve this problem easier than what we had to do.

bruce.jones542083
2007-02-21, 09:35 PM
Line not the problem. When ZF invoked the line disappears.

Found the issue: He inadverntat clicking away sent one of his room tags somewhere near the north pole. Once deleted everything was good.

There needs to be a way to solve this problem easier than what we had to do.

Two things that I do to eliminate this common problem:
1) Zoom Extents before the final day (or editing session) when saving any file. If there is anything in "outer space", you can solve it easier than someone else at a later date.
2) when your image does go off the space map, there are at least two visible "blips" (often single pixels)---always. One is your drawing, the second is some stray object. If you run with UCSICON set to Origin (and "On"), your drawing will be the blip nearest the UCSICON. zoom in to identify, (and usually delete), the other object.
PS those objects get there when you are asked for a "second point of displacement", and you hit Enter instead of selecting a second point. AutoCAD "places" the object "out of your way". Self discipline is the only real "solution" to this problem.

Bruce

Steve_Stafford
2007-02-22, 03:32 AM
...Two things that I do to eliminate this common problem...Good advice for Autocad users, in this case we are talking Revit which has none of the features mentioned, sorry. Well...it does have Zoom Extents :smile: