PDA

View Full Version : Typical/ General Notes using schedule styles?

bgoldman
2007-02-22, 10:20 PM
As a work-around for text that is aligned/ numbered and because REVIT doesn't have table formatted text has anyone used a Style based schedule to do this. Basically this would give you a object-free note format that is aligned and numbered. Only probably it has to be by certain system type, but it doesn't have to have a particular reference like a note block or keynote. I want to know if anybody else is doing this for General Notes.

s.messing
2007-02-23, 02:43 PM
As a work-around for text that is aligned/ numbered and because REVIT doesn't have table formatted text has anyone used a Style based schedule to do this. Basically this would give you a object-free note format that is aligned and numbered. Only probably it has to be by certain system type, but it doesn't have to have a particular reference like a note block or keynote. I want to know if anybody else is doing this for General Notes.
I am interested but admittedly confused. When you say schedule styles are you talking about Schedule Keys? So far I think our general notes have always been done with simple text boxes. One of the reasons my interest is so piqued is a project had text that was apparently jumping all over the place and not staying aligned and I am wondering if your are offering a slick alternative to simple text boxes. Anyway, just checking/ curious.

Good luck,
Stephen