PDA

View Full Version : revit has been really slow in this project

..shaner
2007-02-23, 12:42 PM
ive been doing my wall type legend and im inserting legend components of each wall type and the little progress bar on the bottom right goes crazy for about 30 seconds each time i select a type of wall to insert and again when i place it. in the left corner is says "Regenerating graphics for floor plan: proxy of " and it blinks like that for about 30 seconds at each step

each wall piece takes about 1 min total to insert, and its taking me forever to do this, ive never had this problem before and ive done 3 other buildings of simular size and construction all with these wall legends, anyone know whats going on here?

the only thing i can think of is that we have each suite (about 80 total) modeled in a seperate file and linked in, then the link is copied around where there are typical suites. im not sure if this is causing a problem, but i isnt causing any slowdowns anywhere else so i dont know why it would cause a problem with this.

dhurtubise
2007-02-23, 12:43 PM
Try auditing your file. You will find that in the open dialog box. If it's a central file, relinquish all local (destroy them) and then open and audit. I then save with another revision number.

jenniferd
2007-02-23, 01:16 PM
I think it may be operator error. Slow operator = slow revit. (lol)

..shaner
2007-02-23, 01:46 PM
I think it may be operator error. Slow operator = slow revit. (lol)

thats ok, im gonna save time by not fixing my windows and screwing over my structural engineer into sketching all the windows by hand... so its all good!

truevis
2007-02-23, 01:52 PM
Are all other windows closed whilst doing this? Open GL working?

I'd try deleting all the links as an experiment (with disconnected project).

If worse comes to worse, could you do the legend separately and paste in or something? It must be very frustrating.

..shaner
2007-02-23, 02:09 PM
Are all other windows closed whilst doing this? Open GL working?

I'd try deleting all the links as an experiment (with disconnected project).

If worse comes to worse, could you do the legend separately and paste in or something? It must be very frustrating.

i need the links.. and if i draw what is linked all in this project its UBER slow.. besides i dont think its the link, i think somthing else is up, because nothing else is slow, but legend components

sbrown
2007-02-23, 02:30 PM
If you have dwg links IT IS absolutely them. We have to use them occassionaly and they instantly bring a revit project down. So we turn them off when actually working on the revit model, then turn them on for printing.

..shaner
2007-02-23, 02:37 PM
they are revit links - would that be it?

Wes Macaulay
2007-02-23, 04:49 PM
Make sure you're using the latest build of Revit, too. Revit 9 had some major problems with linked files in earlier builds.

..shaner
2007-02-23, 09:27 PM
Make sure you're using the latest build of Revit, too. Revit 9 had some major problems with linked files in earlier builds.

i am revit building 9.1 with the SP1 - i think.. whatever the latest is