PDA

View Full Version : Final Kiosk

stuntmonkee
2004-07-08, 06:42 PM
This area is to be used by students to do informal presentations. Then may set up their laptop computers, and have it show up on the monitors (note the windows desktop), and they may also use the write-able wall surface (waltalkers), to do sketches.

Just a quick Idea of what this was for. Took me about 6 total hours from the understanding the sketch to this.

hit me with your comments

Thanks
Stunts

Roger Evans
2004-07-08, 07:59 PM
I like the sketch but have some queries on the design

Small group discussion probably ok but with larger groups I have some doubts on the monitor angles being suitable especially if different displays are on each monitor ~ as your sketch shows they point along different axes If you intend more than 2 monitors the problem would be greater ~ I would have thought that flat to concave would be better.

hope this doesn't throw a spanner in the works

cheers

Roger

PeterJ
2004-07-08, 08:19 PM
Good bit of work.

Why is the cylinder so large is something going on inside?

stuntmonkee
2004-07-08, 08:20 PM
I like the sketch but have some queries on the design

Small group discussion probably ok but with larger groups I have some doubts on the monitor angles being suitable especially if different displays are on each monitor ~ as your sketch shows they point along different axes If you intend more than 2 monitors the problem would be greater ~ I would have thought that flat to concave would be better.

hope this doesn't throw a spanner in the works

cheers

Roger

Small groups of 10 maybe. ther are 12 of these stations through out, and the use of the monitor has not been finalized. I actualy sugested using projection. I know its on a curve, but its a 4' radius, and the monitors wont be used all of the time. Just give more flexability in my opinion. But im not the designer on this one, just the guy who knows how to make it look pretty from those red lines.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-07-09, 01:28 AM
But im not the designer on this one, just the guy who knows how to make it look pretty from those red lines.
and indeed you have..... very nice lighting and color choice.

roy.70844
2004-07-09, 11:44 AM
Nice image. Who's the woman in the hat? She seems very familiar....

stuntmonkee
2004-07-09, 03:00 PM
Good bit of work.

Why is the cylinder so large is something going on inside?

Good instincts Peter. Actually its a huge mechanical system. On this particular project we are using a raised floor system to condition the space. Very Cool if you have ever seen how it works. . . .in fact. . . .let me post another image of how it works. . . .(pause). . . .ok, so if you look at the lower section you will see these shafts. All the green area is the conditioned air, and the red is the heated air. Pretty cool system, If any of you want to hear more about it I can explain, but I think most of you will get a pretty good idea just from the sections.

BTW, just a CMA.

All posted information and images belong to carter burgess phoenix office and are not to be used by any other persons and or company. . . .or something like that.

Also, this image was radiated, and then ray traced. I think it turned out pretty well. If you want to see the diff between ray traced, and radiated/ray traced, I can post another image. . .its pretty impressive how different everything looks.

Thanks
Stunts

Paul P.
2004-07-09, 03:11 PM
Stunt's, I'd be interested to see the other image if you dont mind.

Regard's, Paul.

stuntmonkee
2004-07-09, 04:01 PM
Stunt's, I'd be interested to see the other image if you dont mind.

Regard's, Paul.

The shadowing is where you see the biggest differance. . .I dont know, for some reason I thought it made a bigger diff, but now it doesnt seem like that much. . .hmmm, oh well.

SHARRY
2004-07-09, 07:48 PM
very nice! question,

how did you create your perforated metal at the column's left hand side. I've done this before in electric image with just an image map in the material. but in REVIT? how did you that?

stuntmonkee
2004-07-09, 10:02 PM
very nice! question,

how did you create your perforated metal at the column's left hand side. I've done this before in electric image with just an image map in the material. but in REVIT? how did you that?

when you use a map as a material, and when you edit the map there is a button that says "masking" use that and it just kinda falls into place from there. Really easy. . . .really. . .or somethin. . lol