PDA

View Full Version : trying to implement dynamic blocks for my tool palettes

Ddameron
2007-02-23, 07:29 PM
I just got back from CAD camp yesterday and am trying to implement dynamic blocks. The tool palettes are following from drawing to drawing but not carrying the dynamics with the blocks. It shows the lightning bolt but the grips are not there. Can anyone help? Thanks,
P.S. Wicked Cool classes:)

stelthorst
2007-02-24, 05:31 PM
Hi Ddameron, (Sorry I don't know your name)

First, Welcome to AUGI :)

What Autodesk product and version are you using? This will help forum members tailor there response to your specific product and version.

Ddameron
2007-02-26, 03:23 PM
ABS 2007.1, WindowsXP SP2 and network tool palettes. By creating these, because I am using network tool palettes, would this affect all of the tools?

stelthorst
2007-02-27, 02:40 AM
I don't use dynamic blocks so I'm not sure of this but maybe it's got something to do with how your palettes are set up. Try looking at THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=36329) post and see if it helps. If not, post back and we'll go to plan B.

ordengate
2007-02-27, 02:16 PM
Chances are you've already got a block defined in the drawing you're pasting the dynamic block to and it's not overwriting. Try renaming your dynamic blocks with the suffix "_D" so they don't interfere with any older blocks.

.chad
2007-02-27, 02:38 PM
depending on how you made your TP (and your blocks), the blocks may be inserting as a nested block. try inserting a block into a clean drawing and exploding it after insertion. there are (or were?) a few threads in the DB forum about this - you might check there also.

Steve_Bennett
2007-02-28, 06:04 AM
Also, You have to select the block first before the grips will appear.