PDA

View Full Version : Acoustical Tiles

canzicek
2007-02-26, 07:54 PM
How do I make a checker board acoustic drop ceiling, containing open/void tiles and filled tiles?

twiceroadsfool
2007-02-26, 08:23 PM
This probably isnt the answer youre looking for... But (i think) you will make a ceiling with the material 2'x2' ACT. and in the sketch you will draw "holes" in where you want void tiles... Because technically, there isnt a ceiling there...

dpasa
2007-02-26, 09:01 PM
How do I make a checker board acoustic drop ceiling, containing open/void tiles and filled tiles?

The first answer from "twiceroadsfool" is working and it is obvious...

I would prefer to model a void extrusion and place it where you need the holes.

twiceroadsfool
2007-02-26, 10:25 PM
6 of one, half dozen of the other. If the material is going to be completely cut, id rather have one ceiling and one sketch to manage, than one ceiling and one in place void extrusion. Multiply that by a bunch of rooms, or by 5 users modeling together, and it makes me shudder to think of keeping track of it.

But in the end... Very much the same, i suppose...

Steve_Stafford
2007-02-27, 04:01 AM
A ceiling hosted family that has different types and materials assigned could generate a variety of looks for your ceiling and use one object to manage and alter your host ceiling. If you are using ACT ceiling as the host then you'd need to make the family the same size(s) as your tiles and then either provide a void to cut the ceiling to leave a hole and/or a solid to provide various materials for contrast in your RCP's.

Attached proof of concept example