PDA

View Full Version : Are disappearing hatches a known bug?

Henry D
2003-06-27, 03:27 PM
Without doing anything differently, at times wall hatches will disappear on one sheet in the print preview, but will still appear on another sheet with the same wall type. The missing hatching can then reappear later on.

Also, some lines in the siding surface pattern will disappear both on the sheet view and the print preview, but not in the individual view.

Is this a known bug?

beegee
2003-06-27, 10:52 PM
I havn't experienced exactly that, but I have have hatches and surface patterns that showed in print preview but didn't print :(

After lots of tweaking of print settings, to the point that I now have no idea what was original and what is new, the problem hasn't resurfaced for some time.

Not much help for your situation, just background information.

beegee

sbrown
2003-06-30, 02:29 PM
are you sure they are dissappearing? when you zoom out in revit to save memory it doesn't display wall hatches, but if you zoom in you will see them. Do they print?

Henry D
2003-06-30, 03:35 PM
Yes, I thought the same so I did zoom in and the hatch still wasn't there and it didn't print either.

Maybe I'm also using the wrong approach for wall hatches in plan. I have been using a cut pattern, but the problem with that is it also shows up in sections where I don't want them and Visibility Graphics doesn't have a way to turn off a cut pattern.

If I want my walls to show drywall finishes in plan I can't use a coarse fill pattern. So I'm not quite sure what to use other than a cut pattern.

Thanks again