PDA

View Full Version : IMPORT/EXPORT SETTINGS

lila
2007-02-27, 08:55 PM
i'm working on creating a standard for how files export into CAD. meaning, i want to manipulate the naming of layers and the colors that are assigned to each layer. right now i have to change all of that in CAD each time i export a file. this is very time consuming and i would like to set-up a default, export layering system. when importing, i check the box to import the visible layers only, is that the extent of controlling the import settings?

eddy.lermytte
2007-02-27, 09:14 PM
File > Export > Cad Formats > Options > Layer Settings
or
Program Files > Revit Building > Data

lila
2007-02-27, 09:20 PM
i've gone to both places and don't know how i can change the colors

lila
2007-02-27, 10:00 PM
i actually have manipulated the colors, but can't seem to delete a lot of uncessary layers

rjcrowther
2007-02-27, 10:02 PM
The export layers window gives you control over the layer name and colour of each Revit object as it appears in Autocad. For most objects you can assign a different layer name and colour when the object is cut.

The colour ID column is to input the number of the colour as it is in autocad.

So, if you wanted your dimensions to appear on a dimensions layer in autocad and be the colour red, you would scroll down to the dimensions listing Revit's layer setting menu window: put in dimensions under layer name and the number 1 in the colour ID column. The number 1 is chosen to be red because that is the autocad number for it in the colour selection box.

Looking at the help menu for this topic I notice it is not very helpful. The tutorials has a section titled Modifying Import/Export Settings and this has a better explanation which may be of help.

Rob

rjcrowther
2007-02-27, 10:07 PM
i actually have manipulated the colors, but can't seem to delete a lot of uncessary layers
I was a bit slow in typing, good to see you have worked it out. You can try assigning one layer name to all the layers that are not relevant to you - that way there is only one layer to bother you.

Example is I have not ever had a need for a separate layer for Air Terminal Tags or Air Terminals. If they are both assigned layer 'Revit' then in autocad only one layer appears.

knurrebusk
2007-02-27, 10:30 PM
Why not make DWG export anything else than the Autocad massive stupid detail.
Tons of unnecessary wasted parts, and no logic what so ever if you need important stuff.

I pray that Revit 10 at least can talk to 3DS Max in a non anal way (sorry for my bad language)

This DWG/DXF only export from a fellow Autodesk program is pure stupidety, and not even business driven.

lila
2007-02-27, 10:40 PM
thanks for the comments they were very helpful

rjcrowther
2007-02-28, 01:01 AM
Why not make DWG export anything else than the Autocad massive stupid detail.
Tons of unnecessary wasted parts, and no logic what so ever if you need important stuff.

I pray that Revit 10 at least can talk to 3DS Max in a non anal way (sorry for my bad language)

This DWG/DXF only export from a fellow Autodesk program is pure stupidety, and not even business driven.Yes the DWG export doesn't seem to be the greatest innovation going around. From your comments it appears the 3DS export situation falls into the same basket.