PDA

View Full Version : Architectural Fonts

jhtwo
2004-07-09, 12:56 AM
I have tried to download a good Architectural flair font (chizzle point) and have been unsuccessful. Graphite® Std Light from adobe is a good one but it;s extension is a .otf instead of the .ttf for Revit. Do you have any help for me?

Jerry

Scott D Davis
2004-07-09, 01:08 AM
Revit can use Open Type Fonts (OTF)....I haven't used them myself, so I dont know the details about how to use them. Maybe someone from the Factory will chime in?

ita
2004-07-09, 01:21 AM
jhtwo, if you go to http://store.adobe.com/type/browser/pdfs/OTGuide.pdf adobe explain the .otf is an open type font which is useable across both the MS Windows and Mac platorms as opposed to ttf which is the MS true type font which is useable on windows platforms only. the type symbol in your font folder is a stalised open blue "O''

otf should be fully functional in Revit and in my experience they are!.

blads
2004-07-09, 01:48 AM
Jerry, et al

refer to a previous thread, re open type fonts http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3400&highlight=open+type+fonts

:( sadly not all will work with revit...
(in my case particularly the adobe fonts like Tekton Pro, Warnock Pro , etc...)

ita
2004-07-09, 02:36 AM
blads, thanks for that info, I have not had a problem with them. My preference is for OTF's because typed documents are compatilble across the various platforms without the loss of formatting. I have been ditching TTF when I have an otf replacemnt font for that reason.
Hmmmmmm!! Has to be a programming issue . . .FACTORY!!! :-)

blads
2004-07-09, 03:54 AM
Ita

hopefully by v7 it'll be fixed - its already been logged as a bug

SCShell
2004-07-09, 01:13 PM
Hi there,

I was told along time ago by Revit Support that fonts need to be ANSI Character sets, in any format (ttf, etc).

There are several good hand lettered fonts out there which all work well in Revit. I purchased a set of 6 fonts for around $40 dollars US (if I remember correctly) which I used until I found a group in Australia who scanned my personal hand lettering into a TTF font which I still use.

The ones I purchased had names like, Mr. Hand, Mr. Hand 2, Scribble, Sketch and my personal favorite, Rubber Stamp, which I use all the time for "Preliminary Drawing - Not for Construction" stamps in the lower corner of my preliminary un-sealed sheets.

Hope this helps
Steve Shell