PDA

View Full Version : Campus planning, topo issues

petervanko
2007-02-28, 04:29 PM
I have a new institutional building we are doing on a complex campus and I am debating how to handle the new work from a topography standpoint. In Revit I have created the existing campus, but have created the new building as a separate file that is linked in. We are of course pushing grades all over the place around the new building. So far I have a topo object drawn natively in the new building file that allows the grade changes w/o impacting the existing campus file. To show the two files together CORRECTLY is very difficult with the new grading--the topos interfere w/ one another often. How are some of you handling this, or what would your approach be? Make a pad in the campus plan for the new building's sitework?

christo4robin
2007-02-28, 04:43 PM
Peter,

Is this a complete on / off scenario where you only want to see one topo object at a time? If so, just use visibility graphics to turn off the one you don't want to see.

If it is more complex than that, then I think you either need to cut a "hole" in the campus topo to accommodate the building topo, or use a pad as you suggest.

petervanko
2007-02-28, 05:00 PM
That is it exactly, it probably requires a hole. Thanks for the confirmation.

christo4robin
2007-02-28, 05:23 PM
In that case, if you need to retain a copy of the campus topo that is in the "hole", you could use the split surface command to create the two separate pieces, and then use filters to control their visibility.

petervanko
2007-03-01, 03:12 PM
Do filters work when linked into another project?