PDA

View Full Version : SHARED PARAMETERS

lila
2007-02-28, 08:58 PM
i am in the process of creating office standards for revit and am not sure what "shared parameters" is all about. any insights?

jeffh
2007-02-28, 09:21 PM
A shared parameter is used if you want to have a parameter on a model object and also be able to report that parameter in a tag. The parameter is "shared" between the object and the tag. You can also use shared parameter to add parameters to objects beyond the standard parameters included on families out of the box.

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-28, 10:05 PM
i would suggest that if you want that parameter to be scheduled or tagged at any point, you will want to make it a shared parameter.

Justin

lila
2007-02-28, 10:31 PM
ok, i created a keynote shared parameter so i can place keynotes in my drawing. when i place a keynote under drafting, i don't understand the difference between element, material, or user. also, i might not have my keynote settings correct but the keynotes i place will not assign a number unless a keynote value is specified. ex). wall, ceiling, duct, etc.

i want to be able to place keynotes into the drawing to call out random things, be able number them independently, and then have them automatically organized into a legend or schedule. is this impossible?

jeffh
2007-03-01, 01:06 AM
From the way you are describing what you want to do a note block may be more appropriate. You may want to check the help files and tutorials for note blocks and keynotes to see which may be better suited to what you are trying to do.