PDA

View Full Version : Dimensioning To Core

nsinha73
2007-02-28, 11:38 PM
We dimension our walls from Core....but we have a wall that is standing on its own...And the Finish Wraps around it. How can I dimension to the edge?

sleimgruber06
2007-03-01, 12:09 AM
Press the "Tab" button to choose and/or locate objects/lines around the area you wish to select... When doing this while dimensioning a wall, it should select the center, exterior finish (if applicable), and wall core...

HTH,

luigi
2007-03-01, 12:37 AM
Sorry, but there is no way to do what you described in that type of wall....Revit, currently, doesn't recognize the component that wraps around the edge of a wall....you will have to add either a reference line, or a small line (maybe lock it at a dimension away from the edge, so it moves with the wall) and dimension to that line/reference...

Silly workaround....but you don't have a choice as of Revit 9.1....probably will be like this for Revit 10

We dimension our walls from Core....but we have a wall that is standing on its own...And the Finish Wraps around it. How can I dimension to the edge?

sleimgruber06
2007-03-01, 01:04 AM
Sorry, but there is no way to do what you described in that type of wall....Revit, currently, doesn't recognize the component that wraps around the edge of a wall....you will have to add either a reference line, or a small line (maybe lock it at a dimension away from the edge, so it moves with the wall) and dimension to that line/reference...

Silly workaround....but you don't have a choice as of Revit 9.1....probably will be like this for Revit 10
Ahh... well nevermind! scratch my previous post.... sorry!