PDA

View Full Version : file linking setup for multiple users

chris.macko125036
2007-03-01, 02:53 PM
I have a development with 4 (relatively)smaller buildings that I'd like bring into revit soon. from what I hear the way to do this is with seperate revit files for each building that can be linked into a common site. My question for anyone that has done multi-building projects is how do you actually set up these files? I'm thinking each building would have a central file that would be linked into a central site and each user will create a local for whatever part they will work on, or does something have to be done to the locals as well? I'd just like some ideas before I go jumping into this because initial file setup seems to have a lot of impact on workflow down the road.

sbrown
2007-03-01, 06:04 PM
The central files are what are linked together, this guarantees the latest info is displayed.

cphubb
2007-03-01, 06:07 PM
Recommend having a Central "Site File" with all building central files linked allowing people to open just 1 building or multiple buildings or the entire site. If shared coordinates are used throughout users can temporarily link multiple buildings together for coordination etc.