PDA

View Full Version : Revision Schedules to the nth power

jamie.casile80054
2007-03-02, 03:22 AM
Aloha API-ers:
I am in need of some specific information regarding revisions. Since the revision table needs to be rotated 90deg and populate up as opposed to down, i am thinking i have to find a work around. There is very specific information that needs to show on the titleblock. First, the revision number needs a superscript that says per sheet how many clouds there are for that revision. Then, there is a 'zone' column. this gives the location(s) of the clouds - by grid coordinates on the sheet - so the top of the sheet has A-H columns and the sides are 1-6 rows. there are also 'BY', 'checked', and 'approved' columns as well.
Is there any API already out there that can count the clouds per revision? or turn the table sideways and populate up instead of down? or show the 'zones' of the revision clouds?? if not, does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this?
Thank you in advance,
jamie

Danny Polkinhorn
2007-03-02, 08:07 PM
I would be willing to bet that you would have to write that one yourself. You should be able to grab the elements on the sheet and determine how many clouds there are, and their locations (on the sheet). You would have to figure out the zone from the location, and how to add the count and zone to the schedule. If you can't rotate the table with the Revit interface, you can't do it with the API either.

jamie.casile80054
2007-03-02, 08:11 PM
hey danny, thanks for the info.
could you give me a push in the right direction? this will be my first attempt at api, so HELP!!! :shock:
thanks,
jamie

Danny Polkinhorn
2007-03-02, 11:50 PM
Check out some of the other "getting started" threads in this forum, and try some examples before you attempt this one.