PDA

View Full Version : Changing the origin of a callout

jaroguy
2007-03-02, 04:36 PM
Revit 9.1
See the attached file. Is it possible to change a callout's parent view to a different view. I see in the properties there is a parent view field but it is greyed out. I would like to completely remove the 6/3A-501 callout but I don't want to delete the detail. I have created another callout on a different view referencing the original detail. I was hoping I could make that one the parent callout. Is this possible?

Jason

petervanko
2007-06-05, 09:08 PM
I have the same issue right now:
I made wall section callouts on my building sections in DD; however, we are changing the building--OF COURSE...WE ARE ARCHITECTS. The bad part is that my wall sections are still applicable, just not in the parent view. Please help...I have so many sim callouts for these wall sections--starting over in a new parent view (copying/pasting detailing) is not an option.

bgauthier
2007-06-06, 12:41 PM
Related subject, when you accidentally erase a section that has a callout attached to it, why can't we use the undo command so you can get it back

petervanko
2007-06-06, 02:13 PM
I have the same issue right now:
I made wall section callouts on my building sections in DD; however, we are changing the building--OF COURSE...WE ARE ARCHITECTS. The bad part is that my wall sections are still applicable, just not in the parent view. Please help...I have so many sim callouts for these wall sections--starting over in a new parent view (copying/pasting detailing) is not an option.
So, SUPPORT had only one answer for this: export the detail/wall section into ACAD and import back into Revit as a drafting view. Boooooo. Detailing on top of the model--at least for wall sections--is an optimal workflow to guarantee a coordinated project. Basically, I have learned a lesson in Revit workflow: don't rely on model geometry past basic building sections, and that is whack.