PDA

View Full Version : Wall Opening in Door Family file

01chang
2007-03-03, 12:49 AM
Hi everybody:

I have another question for the door family. I want to modify a door from a similar door family. However, I can not small the wall opening. Is there a way to small the opening or I need to change my door size to match that opening? Thanks for your help!

dhurtubise
2007-03-03, 02:35 AM
OOTB the opening is define by the width and height parameter. So if you want a smaller one, change those parameters.

01chang
2007-03-03, 02:57 AM
OOTB the opening is define by the width and height parameter. So if you want a smaller one, change those parameters.

Thanks for your answer. However, I still can not get it. I am modifying the two sidelight door to one sidelight door. I have checked the parameters, the width parameter is for the door and sidelight. I try to change them and the opening did not change. Any idea? Thanks again!

dhurtubise
2007-03-03, 11:59 AM
Aren't sidelight nested family ? If so, just delete one.
Can you post the file you are working with a little graphics to show what you are after ?

01chang
2007-03-03, 01:48 PM
Aren't sidelight nested family ? If so, just delete one.
Can you post the file you are working with a little graphics to show what you are after ?

The Sidelight is not the nested family. Here is the rft file. Please take a look and give me some suggestion. Thank you very much!

dhurtubise
2007-03-03, 02:02 PM
Select the cut opening and click edit in the option bar
Lock-Align the right side to the right ref plane

eddy.lermytte
2007-03-03, 02:12 PM
Hoover over the text I inserted > select the Opening Cut > Edit.

01chang
2007-03-03, 03:44 PM
Daniel and Eddy, Thanks a lot! That is really help.