PDA

View Full Version : Turn model lines to detail lines.

dpasa
2007-03-04, 09:42 AM
I made an area plan. I want to use the boundary lines in a detail view. This cannot be done because
1. I can't copy/paste these lines in the detail view.
2. I copy the boundary lines to another place in the area plan view and I try to turn them into detail lines. It can't be done

I can understand No1, but there is no reason for No2. I made a copy of the boundary lines and I want to turn them to Thin Lines. There is nothing wrong to that.
Now, I have to go over them using line tool to redraw the lines I need.
Any other idea?
It is not very important but I plan to use it all the time so this is probably not the best thing to do.

Melarch
2007-03-04, 01:08 PM
First of all, Area Boundary lines are system based lines, not unlike walls, floors, etc. So they have a specific application and are associated to area plans, only.

So Area Boundary lines, like Room Separation lines cannot be changed to either detail lines or model lines. Also, Area Boundary lines cannot be copied to floor plan views, but only existing in area plan views since they are directly related to the view type.

To have different gross or rentable area solutions in the same phase, you need to use the Design Option tool to setup different Design Option plans. This is due to scheduling building areas or room areas is tied to only one area being applied to a space in the same phase or design option.

What are you trying to accomplish? Could you be more specific as to what you need to do with 1) copying and pasting the Area Boundaries into another area plan or floor plan view: 2) Changing the Area Boundary or Room Area linework from the <Area Boundary> (observe the greater/lesser symbol enclosing this Line Style under Settings menu Line Styles...) to a detail line style or model line object style. This greater/lesser symbol designates the line styles as system based linework designed to work only with the specific feature or tool associated.

These element categories are not exchangeable. You can always trace over the Area Boundary lines or Reom area boundaries or separation lines with detailed or modeled linework and copy and paste that linework into other views.

Mel Persin, AIA

dpasa
2007-03-04, 01:26 PM
Thank you very much for such a detailed answer...
I can't explain very well what I want to do, it is a special drawing that the public service needs.Maybe I could just hide everything except the boundary lines... Anyway, what you suggest is what I did and it works ok, so I will try any other method later.
Thanks again.