PDA

View Full Version : Grids Grids Grids

pinky
2007-03-06, 12:07 AM
In some elevation views my grid lines don't appear. I have checked the visibility/graphics and the grids are "on" as well as the workset. In some elevations the grid lines are correct and in others they don't appear. This was one of those problems that I said I would deal with later, and now later is here.

Help

Pinky

Bill McLees
2007-03-06, 01:11 AM
Go to a floor plan view. Make sure your grid lines intersect the plane of the elevation you are viewing.

It is the same with levels.

Hope this helps.

Bill

sbrown
2007-03-06, 03:14 AM
Grids and levels both have 3d extents, so if you want them shown more than where you originally drew them you need to select them, right click and chose maximize 3d extents.

pinky
2007-03-06, 05:17 PM
thanks to scott and bill but I still am having the same problem. I checked to make sure that the elevation crosses the grids and it does, and i also played with the 3d extents and it made no difference.

Is there something I am overlooking?

I even tried recreating the elevation but then the levels dropped off!!! and I checked the 3d extents for the levels in that view and that didn't work...

wmullett
2007-03-06, 05:49 PM
Sounds like you added or somehow changed the grids after you setup this elevation. Go to a parallel elevation (or cut a new temporary one), pick all of the grids then you will note on your status bar a button called "propagate extends". Pick that button then you will be given a choice of all views parallel to the one you are currently in. Select the right one & "viola", your problem's fixed.