PDA

View Full Version : DWF Print Problem

dsw98
2007-03-06, 08:10 PM
Why when I print from Revit my pages are what I want them to be. But when I Print the same file from a DWF the pages are getting clipped. Basicly the margins are changing between Revit and DWF. Is there a way to fix this without physically chaging the size of my Title Block?

nandini
2007-03-07, 11:35 AM
check on the scaling factor. keep it to 100% and the limits to center.
and do it as print than export. it should work.

The Sweg
2007-03-07, 12:19 PM
What version of DWF Viewer are you using? I have experienced the same thing with several printers, and on several different computers and it only happened when I was using the latest version of the viewer.

I kept an older version, and re-installed it and have no problems whatsoever. I haven't switched since because I'm afraid of getting the same results. Actually, I'm using DWF Composer to print from - the very first version.

dsw98
2007-03-07, 03:10 PM
What version of DWF Viewer are you using? I have experienced the same thing with several printers, and on several different computers and it only happened when I was using the latest version of the viewer.

I kept an older version, and re-installed it and have no problems whatsoever. I haven't switched since because I'm afraid of getting the same results. Actually, I'm using DWF Composer to print from - the very first version.

Well here's the situation. I export to DWF then send that file to a builder. They try and print it and are the ones having the problems. So I thought I would try it. I am using the most current version of DWF viewer, which now seems like it could be a problem. I don't know how to get an older version of it. Where would I get DWF composer?

The Sweg
2007-03-07, 03:15 PM
I think you can download DWF Viewer directly from Autodesk website, it's around $100.00 (I think).

However, if it's others having problems printing your DWF's, you might want to consider creating a PDF from your DWF, and then sending them that. We use DWF for everything in office, but whenever we send stuff out of office, we create a PDF since most everbody has Acrobat and not everyone is familiar with downloading viewers and such.

Hope this helps,
--Derek

dhurtubise
2007-03-07, 03:22 PM
I think you can download DWF Viewer directly from Autodesk website, it's around $100.00 (I think).
--Derek
They're all pretty much free now :-)

most everbody has Acrobat and not everyone is familiar with downloading viewers and such.
--Derek
To go around that we've posted the DWF viewer to our website and provide the client with a direct link to download the viewer so they get around registering ...

dsw98
2007-03-07, 03:59 PM

Sorry I thought you said DWF composer, We already have DWF viewer. Maybe my client needs to download a newer version. Another off the wall thing. They said that when they print it it's printing a blank sheet in between sheets for some reason. I had no answer to that at all.

The Sweg
2007-03-07, 04:55 PM
My bad, sorry for the confusion. To clarify, the Viewer is free, Composer is not. Originally, I had issues printing from the newest version of the viewer, so I reverted back to an older version of the viewer that I had saved, however, I wanted some of the mark-up features and page-combining features that come with Composer, so we started using that. I am still using Composer, albeit one of the original versions.

I hope you can find a solution, I know how frustrating printing problems can be - we've certainly had our share of them!

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-07, 05:25 PM
To clarify, the Viewer is free, Composer is not. !Actually both are free (for the time being anyway)
Composer is now called Design Review and can be had here
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5982524

The Sweg
2007-03-07, 05:39 PM
Actually both are free (for the time being anyway)
Composer is now called Design Review and can be had here
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5982524
Thanks for that! I'm going to go download now to see if it's had some improvements from the antique version I have now. (I hope it stays free!)

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-07, 07:03 PM
(I hope it stays free!)And then... he woke up:lol:

Kinda' like the crack dealer. The first one's on the house and then you're hooked. In the long run though, it is a wise investment in my opinion.

The Sweg
2007-03-07, 07:08 PM
Actually, we paid for the first one, so in my thinking, if they're offering it for free, I'm takin' it! I feel like they owe me. Makin' me pay for the first version with all the bugs and such, then make it better and give it away...what gives? :?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-07, 07:52 PM
An office I work with just purchased 10 seats of Design Review prior to Christmas, at full cost, and were mighty ticked to find out Autodesk had suddenly decided to make it free.
To add insult to injury, the guy who insisted they buy it and get everyone up to speed quit over the holidays without warning!