PDA

View Full Version : sloped wall

brooke.c
2007-03-07, 12:09 AM
I am trying to create a exterior sloped wall around a chimney. I have created reference planes with the slope but when I attatch the top or bottom it only slopes one side of the wall. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!

JamesVan
2007-03-07, 04:27 AM
Any chance you could post a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

MOODYFRED
2007-03-07, 02:40 PM
I always end up drawings a mass and applying the walls to it. If you find a better solution please post it.

dhurtubise
2007-03-07, 03:14 PM
Do you mean that the top of the wall is sloped on the length of the wall + the thickness of it ?

pcl
2007-03-07, 05:25 PM
I might be misunderstandint the situation, but if you want the face of the walls to be anything but perpendicular to the plane of the floor, the way I do it is to make a create in place family and then use a blend. You can make as many different blends very easily all parrallel to each other to mimic the different materials in the walls. Again I hope I am understanding the problem correctly.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-07, 06:27 PM
PCL,

is you need the wall to be a true assembly then the easiest way is to create the mass and then 'skin' it with a wall. If the assembly changes or the slope changes you only have one change to make.