PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Multiple Schedule Entries

mark.schmieding.135339
2007-03-07, 03:48 PM
Is anyone aware of a way to select and change multiple entries in a schedule - e.g. selecting multiple rooms in a room schedule to change a property of them all. Currently, the only way I can see to do this is to graphically select multiple rooms in plan - but this method is not as quick or direct, and difficult for rooms on different levels.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-07, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately one by one is it for the time being. This has been on my wish list radar for some time now.

If I read between the lines of your post you should take a look at schedule keys for creating rooms with similar parameter values. This can really speed up schedule creation and also helps eliminate entry errors.

s.messing
2007-03-08, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately one by one is it for the time being. This has been on my wish list radar for some time now.

If I read between the lines of your post you should take a look at schedule keys for creating rooms with similar parameter values. This can really speed up schedule creation and also helps eliminate entry errors.
Yup. I highly second the notion of schedule keys! They are awesome, powerful, and under-utilized as far as I can tell. If anything in your project is going to be the same for several elements, schedule keys might be the way to go. They are also proving worth their weight in gold in things like door schedules, hardware schedules, and finish schedules.

The other option, which will only work in certain instances, is to duplicate your schedule and use the new one as a working schedule for selecting and filling in useful information. If you make the new schedule sort by a category or parameter and then uncheck itemize every instance, it will group all of a similar category or parameter together. Then, you can change one and it will propagate to all of the like ones.

Chalk up the grabbing multiple items in the schedule to the wishlist.

Good luck,
Stephen

s.messing
2007-03-08, 03:04 AM
Since I am big on schedule keys, I thought I should add that there's another new post floating up here near the top that addresses schedule keys and seems relevant:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=56902
They are specifically talking about room schedule keys. By default when you choose key schedule in the View... New... Schedule Key it will call it a Room Type...

Buena suerte,
Esteban