PDA

View Full Version : Dissappearing Floors

amandas
2007-03-07, 06:50 PM
I have been having trouble in my viewport and being able to see anything where there are floors.
For some reason the floors seem to be coming about everything else, when they are clearly placed below.
Everything is still printing correctly but it makes it difficult to detail when I can not see anything.
I have attached a picture of what it looks like when I print (which is correct) and what it looks like in the view port. Two completely different plans.

If anyone has experienced something like this and found a way to fix it, please let me know!

Thanks

Calvn_Swing
2007-03-07, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately,

There are so many things in Revit that can affect visibility that I don't know we can help you with the information you provided...

The best I can do is say "check you visibility graphics settings" or "check to make sure your linked CAD files are properly formatted to be linked into Revit."

Give us a little more to work with - like what have you tried, and what haven't you tried.
Also, what elements other than the floor aren't showing up - seems to be a lot of things.

Good luck!

amandas
2007-03-07, 08:57 PM
Thank you for your response.

I have checked this thing called "Visibility Graphics" and I didnt happen to see a check box that says put the floors above everything else!

All my links are turned off in this view. Also everything in the view are within the same workset. There are no filled regions or even detail lines in this view. I wanted to keep away from that as much as possible.

I also dont see how the Visibility Graphics would control something in the viewport, but print perfectly fine.

Maybe this information will help you a little bit.

Thanks

Melarch
2007-03-08, 01:06 PM
If you look at the View Properties - View Range by default anything below the Level is not displayed. Floors are always placed below the Level, ergo they are not displayed and you cannot select them in the view. To see floors you can set the View Depth to a depth (-1') below the current Level or Level Below or Unlimited. To select the floor in the view you can set the Primary Range - Bottom to a depth (-1') below the current Level, Level Below or Unlimited. If you set the Primary Range - Bottom to show the floor below then the View Depth must also be set to an equal depth or greater.

Mel Persin, AIA