PDA

View Full Version : Nested detail groups will not transfer

Willard
2007-03-07, 07:56 PM
I am having a problem saving complete sheets and views out to a library for transfer and reuse. The error comment is that Nested Groups cannot be saved out. I have several situations where there are multiple detail groups nested together.

Has anyone else encountered this? I was looking forward to sharing the sheets among projects using the Save to Library feature- but that seems to be impossible with the nested groups??

Had anyone else encountered this?

Thanks,
Willard

Nelsonnc24
2007-03-08, 07:08 AM
You can use the save group option to save the grouped items to the location you choose An to load the groups into another project you use the load group option.

Willard
2007-03-08, 09:14 AM
Hey N24,

Thank you for your input. I have tested this Save Groups command as well. I seem to get the same error every time I try this on a detail group which contains a nested detail group.

"Can't save groups which contain nested groups."

I have inherited a project which contains complete sheet set ups which are groups, and they contain many smaller groups like standard notes and graphics. Any idea how I can get around this?

Or, is there truly a good reason why we can't "export" nested groups? I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

Thanks,
Willard

Nelsonnc24
2007-03-09, 02:17 PM
Try to copy to clipboard and paste aligning in a new project

Willard
2007-03-12, 05:12 AM
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately that will not work either. I am going to assume that the developers have figured out a good reason why you should not want to copy nested detail groups.

nj_lockwood
2007-03-20, 08:12 PM
Hi -
Are you using version 9.0 or 9.1? I believe the saving nested groups problem was fixed in release 9.1.