PDA

View Full Version : Tool Palette scaling in multiviewports

revans.89349
2007-03-07, 09:11 PM
I am using Building Systems 2004. I at times need to generate enlarged scale drawings from my base plan. When I do this the scale of my devices installed through tool palette does not change scale with the enlarged plan. Is there a way to do this and keep multi scaling issues happy on the same drawing?

Steve_Bennett
2007-03-07, 09:14 PM
If they are standard acad block, look on the properties for the tool and set the alternate scale to use drawing scale instead of none or dimscale. If they are multiview blocks the scale may already be tied to the current display config in which case it's already done and the blocks would need to be rebuilt.

stelthorst
2007-03-08, 07:50 AM
I am using Building Systems 2004. I at times need to generate enlarged scale drawings from my base plan. When I do this the scale of my devices installed through tool palette does not change scale with the enlarged plan. Is there a way to do this and keep multi scaling issues happy on the same drawing?I's been awhile since I have dealt with ABS2004 so I'll tell you where to find what you want in 2007 and hopefully it is available in 2004. You should be able to go to the device styles (I think in 2004 it was in MEP Common - Style Manager - Electrical Objects - Device Styles) and look at the Views tab. Click on the Plan view and check to see if "Use Annotation Scale" is checked. This will resize your devices to whatever your current scale is. (You have to regen for it to take effect)

If I'm completely off base as to what you were asking post back and maybe include a sample drawing of what you are trying to accomplish.