PDA

View Full Version : more 3d in LT

jaberwok
2007-03-07, 09:30 PM
A couple of pictures of a model done entirely in 2000LT. (I lie - the nuts on the cylinder tie-rods are solids).
Shading done in A2006 though.
The second picture is a view from below.

Opie
2007-03-07, 10:05 PM
A couple of pictures of a model done entirely in 2000LT. (I lie - the nuts on the cylinder tie-rods are solids).
Shading done in A2006 though.
The second picture is a view from below.
Looks good. Ummm. What is it?

jaberwok
2007-03-08, 12:26 AM
A gimbal mounting -carries about 8 tonnes.

Opie
2007-03-08, 01:36 AM
A gimbal mounting -carries about 8 tonnes.
Anything difficult you encountered, other than it being in LT? ;)

Anything you want to share for LT users to do similar models?

ronie_ernanto
2007-03-08, 04:44 AM
Is it hard to model with LT?
I never use other software than AutoCAD.

jaberwok
2007-03-08, 07:28 AM
I've written a fasttrack ATP course about it but it has been delayed (ATP186).
I hope it will be seen soon.

There are only a limited range of object types that are available in LT that are of any use for 3d work and, of course, most LT users will not be experienced in navigation in 3d.

Augi Doggie
2007-03-08, 05:35 PM
I've written a fasttrack ATP course about it but it has been delayed (ATP186).
I hope it will be seen soon.

There are only a limited range of object types that are available in LT that are of any use for 3d work and, of course, most LT users will not be experienced in navigation in 3d.
I'm a little confused here John. :? Yours was one of the two classes that went live on time Monday. ATP 186 is up and running.

Did you check to make sure you were looking in the Fast Track forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=749)and not the Full course forum?

jaberwok
2007-03-08, 07:39 PM
I've tried all sorts of ways in. There doesn't seem to be a course-specific forum either.

jaberwok
2007-03-08, 07:40 PM
I'm a little confused here John. :? Yours was one of the two classes that went live on time Monday. ATP 186 is up and running.

Did you check to make sure you were looking in the Fast Track forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=749)and not the Full course forum?

Following the link gives -
"jaberwok, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

It's not the first time I've seen this.

ronie_ernanto
2007-03-09, 08:07 AM

So you more than expert...

jaberwok
2007-03-09, 01:53 PM
I assume that most people that use only LT have been told that "you can't do 3d in LT" so have not worried about learning to navigate in 3d.

stusic
2007-04-16, 06:44 PM
Cool model. Did you model that in LT because you had to? Or because you wanted to? ;)

jaberwok
2007-04-16, 06:49 PM
Cool model. Did you model that in LT because you had to? Or because you wanted to? ;)

Moi?

because I could
because I was bored
because I had LT in front of me
because I'm bl**dy-minded
because I wanted to make a point.

The last one worked - my client's client was impressed and my client is going to put me onto their modeling system (not an AutoDesk product).

stusic
2007-04-17, 12:34 PM
Moi?

because I could
because I was bored
because I had LT in front of me
because I'm bl**dy-minded
because I wanted to make a point.
Sounds like a good reason to me! ;)