PDA

View Full Version : Cranked Grids

Dr Harry
2007-03-07, 11:31 PM
Is it possible to have Grids Cranked as shown below in a pdf.

greg.mcdowell
2007-03-07, 11:46 PM
Don't think so... though you can always fake it with lines and text. Make a Group out of them and copy around as needed.

Mike Sealander
2007-03-08, 01:09 AM
I don't think so either, but hold on until someone else chimes in. I'd just use more grid lines. You might try using non-labeled grids (without the bubble) as an extension of labeled grids.

Andre Baros
2007-03-08, 02:18 AM
I think you would just need to use two grid lines for each "cranked grid". You couldn't use the same name twice but there are several ways to work around that and still get the functionality of the grid element.

greg.mcdowell
2007-03-08, 04:21 AM
I think you would just need to use two grid lines for each "cranked grid". You couldn't use the same name twice but there are several ways to work around that and still get the functionality of the grid element.

YES!! That is, of course, what I meant to say... <grin>

But seriously, much better idea.

david_peterson
2007-03-08, 04:30 AM
I think you would just need to use two grid lines for each "cranked grid". You couldn't use the same name twice but there are several ways to work around that and still get the functionality of the grid element.The way in which I got around that was to create grid X for the longest length and the grid X' (X prime) for the short stretch after the kink. Plus that also kind of a better practice. Grid lines are meant to be straight.

Firmso
2007-03-08, 05:32 AM
.....Grid lines are meant to be straight.

I wouldn't do it any other way.
Different grids for cranked gridlines and show angled measurements betwwen them in plan.

Phil Read
2007-03-08, 07:30 AM
If you open up the Grid Head family and replace the Label with dumb text...grid lines can graphically report duplicate values.

-Phil

david.fannon
2007-04-11, 08:32 PM

Yes, good suggestion. Although I favor the "grids should be straight" theory myself.

Whichever way you go, don't forget that you are gonna have these things show up in section. For a post on why: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=42134&highlight=grid+head+section