PDA

View Full Version : A different Serious Schedule Problem

Tyveka
2007-03-08, 04:09 PM
If some one can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Right now, I am working with an engineer in Revit Systems. I am in Revit Building, all the latest versions.

What is happening is we are creating a panel schedule. When we drag the schedule onto a sheet, all of the fields come in at one size. I have tweaked and re-sized the schedule appropriately, so that the fields are the right size and the schedule fits on the sheet with other schedules. I save my work.

When I even click on the view (on the sheet) to select the schedule, everything resets to default and I lose all of my formatting changes. AAAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!! This is very frustrating and I don't know why. Is this an issue? Can this be fixed? What can I do to lock down the format and size of the fields/columns in my schedule on the sheet?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am about ready to just fake it all in with an excel captured jpeg.

thank you!

Steve_Stafford
2007-03-08, 11:16 PM
Sorry but it is hard to tell from your post whether you are changing the schedule in the view or on the sheet. Changing the schedule in the view has no effect on the representation of the schedule on the sheet. You need to make the adjustments on the sheet view itself by selecting the schedule. If you are doing this and it is resetting then that sounds like an unpleasant bug.

Tyveka
2007-03-12, 12:41 PM
The only place we are making changes to the schedule is when it appears on the sheet. And the only "changes" that we make are to resize the columns so they read well. So it is always on the sheet. Once we get it readable (on the sheet), we save our work. Yet if we come back to that sheet and add anything to the sheet (not the schedule per se, just any change at all on that sheet), the schedule on the sheet goes to default sizing, as if we had just dragged the view onto the sheet. And we have to manually adjust it again.

This is a serious PITA bug, unless there's a way to lock the formatting of the column sizes down of the actual sheet view (as opposed to the schedule view).

Thoughts anyone? Bueller...?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

kevin.mak
2007-03-21, 01:43 PM
A simple work-around at this point is to use the "Move" command instead of dragging the schedule on the sheet.

jeff.95551
2007-03-21, 04:06 PM
That sounds like a problem with the file. It doesn't sound like there is any workaround except to wait to fix the schedules until you are about to print, then print to pdf and keep that. I would send the file in for support. If it is only on one sheet, try deleting and re-creating that sheet. It sounds like that will still be faster and less annoying than fighting the schedules.

Good Luck