PDA

View Full Version : Wall cut patterns don't show for New Construction

dc.109967
2007-03-08, 08:44 PM
Hello,

I have walls that are existing and walls that are New. I have tried everything, but the New Walls just won't show any cut pattern at all.

The existing walls change fine, but the new ones don't. I have gone to Settings>Phases>Graphic Overrides and clicked on the New Construction Material pulldown. Then I change the cut pattern to anything, for example, Solid Fill - Black color.

Back in the plan, I have the filter set to Previous + New, and the Phase set to New Construction.

By the way, if I highlight a wall and change it's particular Phase Created to "Existing" the cut pattern for that phase shows up fine. When I change it back to New Construction, the pattern disappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

pcl
2007-03-08, 09:27 PM
I hope this is not patronizing but to me it sounds like you need to change the detail level of the views. There are other settings but I would try this first. Anyway I hope this helps.

Phil

dc.109967
2007-03-08, 09:36 PM
not patronizing at all...no worries.

But yes, I tried all levels of detail. Didn't work.

pcl
2007-03-08, 10:48 PM
That's too bad. I have no other bright ideas. How much trouble would it be to attacht a .rvt file? It could have almost nothing in it except for a few walls. Maybe then more people better than I am could also look at it.

Phil

dc.109967
2007-03-08, 11:18 PM
Sure.

I drew 4 permiter walls and one NEW wall in the center. I want the NEW wall to show up with a diagonal hatch (or any pattern for that matter).

What am I doing wrong?

What I am doing to work around this issue is to create two types of the same wall and actually change the material of the wall structure on one of them and rename it something like Generic - 8" (New). As you can imagine that is not very efficient.

muttlieb
2007-03-09, 12:03 AM
Just change the cut pattern of the material that defines the structure of your wall to 'Diagonal up'.

dc.109967
2007-03-09, 01:40 AM
That's what I've been doing. But that is not phase based. Do you know what I mean?

I want to use the phase based graphics options. For example, if I go to Settings>Phases>Graphic Options and change the cut pattern for the Demo and Existing phases, they display correctly. In other words, I can click on a wall and change it's creation phase and have the cut pattern automatically reflect the setting I chose within Graphics Options. For some reason, the New Construction phase (and only the New Construction phase) doesn't behave that way. Not sure why, but it does.

muttlieb
2007-03-09, 02:07 AM
I want to use the phase based graphics options. For example, if I go to Settings>Phases>Graphic Options and change the cut pattern for the Demo and Existing phases, they display correctly. In other words, I can click on a wall and change it's creation phase and have the cut pattern automatically reflect the setting I chose within Graphics Options. For some reason, the New Construction phase (and only the New Construction phase) doesn't behave that way. Not sure why, but it does.
In the Previous + New phase filter, 'New' objects are set to display 'by category' and 'Existing' objects are 'overridden'. In your Phase Filter change the display of 'New' to Overridden and it will show whatever cut pattern you've chosen for the New material.