PDA

View Full Version : How do I get plans to line up on multiple sheets?

travismv702230
2007-03-08, 09:00 PM
Someone has probably asked this before and the answer is probably in a well-developed thread but I haven't found it using search...

I want my first floor plan on Sheet A2.01 to "stack" on top of my second floor plan on Sheet A2.02. Do ya'll know what I mean? From back in the old days of vellum and mylar???

Anyway, I know that there has to be a way to do this in Revit but I haven't seen the solution yet! Does anyone have any pointers??? For some reason, scope boxes pop up in my head but I'm a relative newbie and I've never used them before...

Thanks,
Travis

dfriesen
2007-03-08, 09:19 PM
I want my first floor plan on Sheet A2.01 to "stack" on top of my second floor plan on Sheet A2.02. Do ya'll know what I mean? From back in the old days of vellum and mylar???For now, the best way to do it seems to be placing lines or reference planes in your titleblock - see this thread for some info:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=53073

luigi
2007-03-09, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately, from sheet to sheet, you need to use your eye/Mouse coordination. Regardless of where the lines come from (temporary drafting lines, or lines incorporated in your title block), you will have to use your eye to come close.......

truevis
2007-03-09, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately, from sheet to sheet, you need to use your eye/Mouse coordination. Regardless of where the lines come from (temporary drafting lines, or lines incorporated in your title block), you will have to use your eye to come close.......
That's right. I put some little crop marks on a titleblock with a visibility parameter. That gives a spot to move the views to, zoomed way up. After all is eyball-lined-up, then can turn off the crop marks.

Firmso
2007-03-11, 10:54 PM
That's right. I put some little crop marks on a titleblock with a visibility parameter. That gives a spot to move the views to, zoomed way up. After all is eyball-lined-up, then can turn off the crop marks.

The Eyeball is a very Handy Revit tool

dhurtubise
2007-03-11, 11:35 PM
Our titleblock have a grid attached to a yes/no parameter. So if you need more precise placement you turn on the grid then turn it off.

Haden
2007-03-11, 11:49 PM
I use a similar method to what Daniel H just mentioned, but with a little more versatility and graphic options. I agree with David F on his link to the previous thread, as we hashed through this pretty thoroughly there.

That being said, I am teaching a class in Revit at a local Community College, and have had students and coworkers ask why you can't copy a sheet so you can modify the sheet, (as you can with AutoCAD if your sheets are either separate .dwg's or separate layouts within a .dwg). This would achieve the requested result without any additional "eye/mouse coordination." We are using computers, so there should be an easier way. Of course, I explain the technical answer about how views cannot exist on more than one sheet, and how that avoids a paradoxical reference by detail callouts, etc.

Really, though, there should be a way to copy a sheet layout in creating a new sheet, rather than just starting from scratch with only a title block. Or, at least to snap to these titleblock lines and points within the view at the same time. While I'm on the subject, there should also be a built-in parameter in Revit for sheet size, so that each titleblock you associate with a new sheet will define this parameter automatically. We create a shared parameter, but it's always a problem when someone forgets to define the parameter for each new sheet, and end up with them listing in our customized browser under the ??? category.