PDA

View Full Version : ADT2007 - Wall Hatch

arhine
2007-03-12, 02:20 PM
I am using ADT 2007. I have turned on the hatch patterns for CMU and brick. I want the hatch patterns to come in on specific layers when the wall is created. I know that you can change the layer in the display properties of the wall style, I just want to know if there is anywhere else that the settings can be adjusted. We draw multi-level buildings and I just wanted to know if there is a quicker way to adjust the layer of the hatch. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Rhine
JRA Architecture

joeswantek
2007-03-12, 02:38 PM
Have you tried creating a layer set or using a layer filter? You'll probably have to reassign the hatch for the CMU to another layer either way, depending on what other hatches you need that show up on that layer.

Chuckyd67
2007-03-12, 03:31 PM
The fastest way to handle hatches is through the "material" display. Set your material to the pattern desired and place it on a specific layer, such as "A-Wall-Patt". Then you will need to go to every wall style affected by the material and change the display setting to "by material". If you ever need to modify that material, then you only do it once, and all the wall styles will pick it up.

arhine
2007-03-12, 04:44 PM
Would it be easier to just use a display theme?

Tony Rhine
JRA Architecture