PDA

View Full Version : Finishes not showing in Schedules

case.devisser
2007-03-12, 10:02 PM
I've been having a heck of a time figuring out how to get my room finish schedule to actually show finishes. Right now, I'm placing floors with a 12x12 vct finish in the rooms, and I can't figure out how to get my schedule to reflect that. I'm trying to avoid typing in finishes into my schedule or making a 'room type'. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

chris.macko125036
2007-03-12, 10:07 PM
As far as I know, finish schedules cannot actually read the finish types of the walls/floor/ceiling they are in. They just report whatever is stored in the room parameters.
When you type the finishes into your schedule that is still editing the room itself.

dgreen.49364
2007-03-12, 11:02 PM
Just add some new parameters (fields) into your finish schedule. It's easy. Make them text and instance parameters. For mine, I use:

Floor
Base
North Wall
South Wall
East Wall
West Wall
Ceiling

Steve_Stafford
2007-03-13, 05:03 AM
A room schedule with finishes like the Revit default residential or commerical templates have is just "old school" data stored in the room element. A material takeoff will give you materials information but not room by room. A floor schedule filtered for "finish" floors will give you a breakdown of floor finishes but again not room by room. Unfortunately at this time Revit doesn't give us a way to aggregate this type of information into one cohesive schedule associated with rooms.