PDA

View Full Version : Flip Controls - Single or Double?

Chad Smith
2007-03-13, 06:47 AM
This is something that I have always wondered, but have been unable to find help in the Revit Tutorials or Help.

What is the difference between a single arrow flip control and a double arrow?

I have played around with them and haven't been able to find an instance where they perform different operations.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-13, 07:09 AM
Single arows rotate the element by 180 deg about the intersection of the vert and horiz origin ref planes. Double arrows mirror the element about the horizontal and vertical axis.

davidcobi
2007-03-13, 07:10 AM
Dbl arrow mirrors
Single arrow rotates 180 degrees

rjcrowther
2007-03-13, 07:47 AM
Now I am wiser for your mentioning as well.

My families that use these controls (doors and windows) tend to be symmetrical around the centre axis so I had never noticed a difference.

Thanks,
Rob

Chad Smith
2007-03-13, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I'm with you Rob. I've never made a non-symmetrical family either.

This needs to be documented in the help, or made easier to find if it is actually there.

rjcrowther
2007-03-13, 08:18 AM
This needs to be documented in the help, or made easier to find if it is actually there.

I thought I read somewhere that the next release has improved help. If so then it was playing on someone else's mind as well.

trythefly
2007-11-09, 05:05 PM
How do you add these flip controls to a family? I have searched the help & tutorials with no luck. Reference planes?

dfriesen
2007-11-09, 06:36 PM
How do you add these flip controls to a family? I have searched the help & tutorials with no luck. Reference planes?
In the family editor (standalone family, NOT an in-place family in the project), look in the Design Bar for the Control button, then look in the Option Bar to select single or double.
The family templates all have at least two reference planes - the control will use that intersection to mirror or rotate about.

As an aside - it seems the vert and hor single arrows act exactly the same - both rotate 180. A bit redundant?

trythefly
2007-11-12, 08:49 PM
:lol: thanks