PDA

View Full Version : Property boundaries

Merlin
2007-03-13, 11:08 AM
He's back!....

After a long hiatus, I have returned to Revit-land...thank God! ...the new firm I'm in are now coming around and getting it....*CHEER*

BUT now I have to wipe awat the cobwebs....so can anyone tell me....with the Property Boundaries....the bearing is entered in a form of degrees in a direction that is West or East, off a North or South heading.....Is this a common way Boundaries are set out in the USA?...Here in Australia property boundaries are displayed as a compass bearing i.e a value less than 360 degrees.

This is a slightly awkward entry to do. I know it just means some subtraction, but it would be so much simpler, at least for us in Oz, if the bearing was entered this way. Am I possibley missing a way of entering it or a place that I can change this format?

John Mc

rjcrowther
2007-03-13, 11:51 AM
I tend to stay away from the bearing thing and just sketch it. This was my Autocad method and my experiments with the bearing/distance table haven't seen an improvement over the old way.

Not supposed to say that on a Revit forum I know, perhaps I have missed the point but the survey plans I receive show angle and boundary length. When I get an accurate one I just import it and sketch over it (pick tool)- its the quickest and most accurate method I have found.

I use a tag to report the boundary length.

I have mucked around with tags using other parameters and with dimension styles to get the angles labelled but without success. I just note the values. If all boundaries are the correct length then the angles between them will be correct as well.

Rob.

Melarch
2007-03-13, 03:35 PM
If you go to the Site settings under the Settings menu, you can change the format for Property Data in the Angle Display selection list from Degrees from N/S to Degrees. This should make it a little easier down under.

Mel Persin, AIA

Merlin
2007-03-14, 12:09 PM
If you go to the Site settings under the Settings menu, you can change the format for Property Data in the Angle Display selection list from Degrees from N/S to Degrees. This should make it a little easier down under.

Mel Persin, AIA

What was I thinking?!?!...Of course there'd have to be a logical place to look.
Thanks for pointing me to it, Mel. I'm more rusty than I thought.