PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions associated with link file deleted

dickson.mak
2007-03-13, 03:50 PM
My project contain 3 components, two towers on top of one podium. Each of these components are in its own RVT file, and they are linked into each other. Everything works well until an error message start poping up during the opening process, which says that dimensions need to be deleted. Eventually, we found out the dimensions that are tied to elements in a linked file (i.e. stairs) are all gone, which includes linear dimension and spot elevation. The linked RVT file in fact had been modified, but changes are not made on the dimension objects (i.e. walls and floor around stairwell). Has anyone experience this?

Dickson Mak
HOK

robert.manna
2007-03-13, 10:36 PM
yes. we have seen this w/dwg files wheb reloading details that had been updated & modified, but annotated in RVT. It appears that RVT does not create real associations btwn lnked files. Given the firm you appear to be wrking for, I would reccomend approaching your Autodesk contacts w/this problem. I will also try to mention it nxt time I speak w/our contacts. Obviously this is acritical feature when dealing w/multi model prjcts. One wrk around would to be to use ref planes in the host model & dimension to them.

HTH,
-R

sent from my Moto-Q